Friday, November 8, 2013

In the beginning...

After three years of searching without luck, I was browsing Zillow and noticed this funny little cluster of homes and clicked on it. It was the Zillow icon for new construction, which I had always filtered out because in our minds we could not afford one. I began browsing through the different new construction communities in the North Hills, including North Allegheny and Hampton, but the base model four bedroom homes were at the very top of our price range, so I knew that we wouldn't have the room to buy any upgrades and get what we wanted. That's when I found the Cobblestone development.
We've recently expanded our search into the Quaker Valley and Avonworth school districts and Cobblestone piqued our interest. The prices were $20-30K less than similar homes in other districts, which made them realistic for us. I called the Ryan Homes office and the S&A offices and left voicemails. Michael from Ryan called back that day and spoke to me for almost fifteen minutes and eagerly invited me to come for a visit.
Tomorrow, we head out to Ohio Township...

Note: I never heard from S&A homes. I even had a real estate agent friend of mine reach out to them half a dozen times. They called him back once, but would not follow up. To be fair, I think that they had all of their lots sold, or nearly sold, but why not just tell us that? It was a really bad customer experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment